I put some stories out the other day of me in the gym, expectations and personal battles in a very sarcastic way and realised it's best I address some very important issues (par the au natural-sweat pic)
1. Working out is extremely important not just for weight loss but to improve health and your mental space. For all the times I've felt shit, a little workout including a boogie has helped me overcome it. Just because I or others aren't losing weight (gained infact!) It doesn't mean exercise hasn't helped. It just means some of us love food or have different gains from physical activity including mental nourishment
2. Trying to get up and do something after ages especially or never having done anything at all is difficult but start off with even 10 mins and build your pace. I start consistent for a bit then fall off the rails all the time. Its natural. I feel lethargic and lazy, but then I just think a 10 mins boogie or YouTube video counts for something or just go gym!
3. There's so much judgment, idolising of the 'fit body' and fat shaming. Listen, you could be big boned, chunky, but fitter and have a stronger stamina than someone slim. Don't judge people or their journeys. Infact lift each other up. The other day I told a friend of mine 'you know what we might be fat but we are fit in comparison to others' and I meant it. But we all need to hear a raise sometimes. Encourage each other and make plans with friends to workout
4. Don't feel pressure of having to 'doll up' to the gym. If you're there to workout you're there to sweat and smell. It's not about prince charming there
5. The most important point: working out doesn't cost. Infact the time I lost the most weight: I danced at home and stuck to YouTube videos (when Instagram wasn't advanced with workout accounts & tips). You can buy cheap equipment and even do no equipment effective exercise any time. Just search 10 mins full body workout or the specific time you have and the area or type of workout you want to do. If you go gym, don't feel pressure to invest in an expensive gym. It's all the same
#instafit #fitnessmotivation #motivation #bodygoals #bodypositive #gymmotivation #mindbodysoul