Now you know what you're brunching on this saturday... Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE BAKED BLUEBERRY OATMEAL
2/3 cup chopped almonds2 cups rolled oats2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 cups (400ml) milk1/3 cup honey2 large eggs3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter12 ounces (350g) fresh or frozen blueberries, divided2 teaspoons sugar, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter a 9×5-inch baking dish. When oven is ready, dry roast almonds, scattered on a baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, toasted almond, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine milk, honey, egg, and melted butter (reheat butter 30 seconds in the microwave if needed). Whisk until completely blended.
4. Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with the blueberries (keep about 1/2 cup of the blueberries for the topping). Cover the berries with the oat mixture, then pour the milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk moves down through the oats. Make sure all the oat is soaked. Sprinkle the remaining berries on top. Sprinkle sugar for extra crunch if you want.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is crisp and golden. Remove your blueberry baked oatmeal from the oven and allow to cool down. Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
#foodie #brunch #foodphotography #foodporn #breakfast #healthy #oats #blueberry #yum #fit #juicy #crunchy #instafood #instagood #love #life #nutrition #kids #weekend #kirchen #cooking #chef