I fully understand that some people go into homewares shops, see things they like, but aren't quite sure what they'd 'do with it' as such. That's no worries at all... And where an interior stylist (like mwah 🤣) can help you pull the pieces together to create a coherent and well-styled room. Take the above frame for instance. A friend msgd and said it's beautiful, but how would I make that look good (or use it?!) in my home? Well... Here are a few ideas:
1. If you have a wall right next to your home entrance, lean it up against the wall and make sure any shoes are paired neatly between within the width of the frame... Or similarly, put a beautiful woven basket/hamper infront of this too and out the shoes/toys in there
2. Hang it in the kids room (or somewhere on a big wall), attach a few lines of fishing line or thin wire from one side to the other and hang the kids artwork (see previous post) OR hang it handscape in your office and use the same theory to peg / clip up photos or documents.
3. Hang it on the wall and place 2-3 floating shelves inside it. Style shelves with whatever takes your fancy!
4. Hang it on the wall and add a smaller oval mirror inside it... That'd be pretty funky!
5. Paint a section of your kids wall with black chalk paint, then place this over the top as a frame... That's a cool drawing wall!
There are so many things you could do with it... That's what I love about design... The skys the limit! Bx