Book review by @prats6982
Book : J.R.D. TATA , the Magic of Leadership
Author: Cyrus M Honda
Publisher :Embassy Books
Price : 695/- A Management Appetizer Indeed !! Key Focus: JRDs love for training , customer satisfaction, hunger for statistics , decision making ability, accuracy, attention to detail, his religious views, unbiased attitude , professionalism, his love for books, his love to design in wood and metal, his principles, number one in hospitality management.
Instance that moved me : In 1960 when India was in External Debt it required funding from world bank , the world bank told Jawaharlal Nehru that it would be only sanctioned if JRD Tata signed it on behalf of the nation .
My favourite chapter: 29, 31
Quotes I liked :
1. Uncommon thinkers ReUse what common thinkers ReFuse.
2. It is easier to build stronger children than to repair broken men.
3. In God we trust : all others must bring data
4.A place for everything and everything in its place.
5. Are you really listening ? Or just waiting for your turn to talk
6. Leadership is action not position
7. Common people have appetite for food , the uncommon have an appetite for SERVICE.
Theory : (I)The 4V Model of Leadership , Vision Values Valour Victory. The entire book revolves around these 4. So hence divided into 4 sections. (II) Invest in your children by giving them the best education . Rest leave it go them. They will make their way ahead in life .
Not great at reviews but just what I loved about the book. Do read ...Sometimes even the font of a book provokes me to read .....contd in comments